Hi you all!
I’m back again from holidays and soon I’ll be posting new articles about good games and other interesting topics in English for you. Please, be patient and don’t “attack” me with comments about Poptropica such as “hey, I found the flag, what’s next?” Let me insist that you must follow the guide or Youtube tut step by step -in other words, you can read, can’t you? Yes, I mean you, Y-O-U!!! Please, don’t have me quoting my own words in my own guides all the time or I’ll go nuts! Also feel free to help others with your own clues and solutions to the islands. Co-operation is the word. Love you all! 😉
Justice solved the mission at 24 Carrot Island and he/she most kindly posted in the comments. I’ll copy his/her procedure here so that it comes in more handy. Thanks again, Justice:
“I already did it. How:
1. Open the grate at the side of the factory to get inside. Hop on the little tops as they flip up (you should move RIGHT when the top goes up)Don’t forget to pick up the carrot transporter. Avoid the rat and go up the room with the switches. To operate it, move the middle switch all the way down and the two other switches to the middle. Once it is turned on, hop on the moving claw so you can get into the vent system. First go to the PROCESSING ROOM. On your way there, you will pick up a pair of WIRE CUTTERS. Then, turn around and head to the FREEZER. In the freezer, you will find a security box. Cut the wires and go out. Then head to the PROCESSING ROOM again. Go inside and then talk to the people to disable their mind control rabbot ears. Head back to the PRINTER ROOM. Disable the person’s rabbot ears and she will show you a piece of paper that prints out (It says “Password:fuzzybunny”). Go back to the PROCESSING ROOM. Go into the big metal doors where it says EXIT. It will take you to a room with giant smashing machines. There, you will find a pair of RABBOT EARS. Use your CARROT TRANSPORTER to take you out. It will take you OUTSIDE, so just go inside the factory again and repeat the flippy things and the room with the switches until you get to the vents.
2. When you finally are back into the vents, go to the PROCESSING ROOM and go to the metal doors that say EXIT. Dr. Hare is waiting for you and he tells you something. Go up to the computer and type in the password (fuzzybunny) and the task (launch rabbot). A little screen will pop up, kind of like a video game. Use the joystick to steer the rabbot into the meteors to crash it. When you defeat Dr. Hare and his rabbot, climb up the rope back to Main Street. Talk to the Mayor and he’ll give you a medallion. You’ve just beaten 24 Carrot, congratulations to you. Tada!”
BTW and related to my last post, a new island is available in Poptropica since a couple of weeks -maybe you wondered where the screenshots had been taken, huh?- The name’s 24 Carrot Island and I’ll try to solve it and report back here soon. Stay tuned! 😉
Poptropica has recently added a new tool for your enjoyment: the Character Costumizer. With the Character Costumizer you can copy the clothes some other character you meet is wearing on. Now since guessing how to use it may become a bit complicated, here you’ve got some screenshots and tips:
Click on the green T-shirt icon in the upper right side of the screen -a Costumizer bubble speech appears when rolling your mouse over.
Next click on the character you want to copy all or some of the clothes he/she is wearing.
Choose the things you want to wear by clicking on them. Note that not all the items are wearable. Accept.
This is an unordered list of things you must bring to the proper historical period. Of course you’ll have to discover yourself who these famous people were, when they lived and which their achievements were. Yoou can look for them in the Wikipedia in order to get more clues:
- Aztec empire: they need a piece of the sun stone. Find a warrior mask and put it on. Talk to the guards and one of them will give a pair of goggles. Bring them to Ed Hillary at the Everest.
- Meet Edison. Give him a phonographer you’ve previously found (sorry, I just can’t remember where) and jump on his roof from the tree. Take the solar stone on the chimney on the left. Bring it to the Aztec king.
- China: Gunpowder. Amulet -hammer shape. Beat the chinese guard you’ll find on the tower – accept to play a memory game. Talk to the other guard. He needs a stone bowl.
- Bring the hammer to the Vikings.
- Lewis and Clark expedition: Bring Capt. Lewis the peace medal at Leonardo’s. Climb the tree and there’s the Chinese bowl on top.
- Greece: the oracle will talk to you if you bring back the golden vase. It’s near a cave at the Vikings place that must be blown open with the barrel of gunpowder. You’ll get the Greek vase. Inform the oracle guards that you’ve got it.
- Go to France. Leo’s notebook is on the wall. Jump from the scaffolding.
- Bring it to Leo. He’ll give you the wings. Put them on and get the medal that’s hanging outside his workshop.
- Lab future machine: ride the monorails to go up to your house in the sky. Earn you medallion.
Now this guide is going to be way shorter than the first one -pretty much a tutorial than a guide, according to its length. Well, let’s go down to Shark Tooth island secrets. In order to succeed, you are supposed to bring three things to the medicine man on the palm tree:
- a bottle of coconut milk
- a bone
- a so called ‘key ingredient’
The medicine man will make a potion that you want to use to have the shark go fast asleep. Then you can swim to the island where a boy and an old man are trapped and lead them back to the mainland. When you complete this last challenge you get a gold medallion.
Remember, Poptropica is a quest game, so on your way to rescue the boy and the old man you still want to collect more objects that will help you get the three ingredients for the medicine man.
Video tutorials from xomonkeylovexoxo at youtube:
Poptropica is a virtual world where kids can play, talk and solve puzzles while visiting an imaginary island. It is a quest game. To do so and complete the adventure on the chosen island children must gather information by talking to each and every character they meet on their trip to one of the three islands -Early Poptropica, Shark Tooth Island and Time Tangled Island. They must also be aware of any hints and tips those characters give them during their conversation. For example, “You’d look really cool with one of these skirts” literally means that the boy or girl should put on that skirt inmediately, otherwise he -or she- won’t be able to complete the adventure. On their way to solve the puzzle they pick up useful objects and learn about real life facts.
Previous to their trip they must create an alter ego by choosing gender -boy or girl- and age. Then they get a virtual name and they must then define their looks -hair, eyes, clothing. Next they get on a hot air balloon and begin their trip to the chosen island. During their adventure children have a map and a briefcase where collected items are saved.
Children are allowed to save their game. At any time they can register -no emails or personal information is required from them at any time. They just have to provide an username and a password and from then on their game is automatically saved.
Now for island #1:
In Early Poptropica children must find
- a pink pig
- a flag
- a bucket
Bring these three things to the islanders and you rock!
*Poptropica is a game by Pearson Education.