Here I’m posting some videos for you to enjoy these summer holidays. Don’t hesitate to play them when you’re bored, when you’re with friends, in the morning, in the evening, at a “revetlla”, in a “verbena”, at a party… and get dancing and rapping your heart away!!!
Have a fantastic summer, my little friends! ❤
Posted in CM, CS, happiness, holidays, humor, language, listening, mood, smile, summer fun, teaching resources, video
Tagged dancing, GoNoodle, laughs, listening, music, smile, songs, videos
(Per una vegada i sense que això serveixi de precedent aquesta entrada està en català ;)).
Com el propi títol indica, el Ministeri d’Educació acaba de convocar unes beques per alumnes de cicle Superior i 1r d’ESO que van obtenir una nota mitjana de notable o superior del curs 2012-13 i notable o superior a l’assignatura d’anglés. Aquestes beques són per anar a fer colònies d’anglès (com les que vam fer a la tardor) durant quinze dies d’aquest mes de juliol. Fins el 14 de març podeu presentar les vostres solicituds.
A continuació us passo el vincle als requisits i altres detalls, així com l’accés al formulari que s’ha d’omplir per a solicitar-ho.
Si l’Immersion Camp de la tardor us va semblar divertit, no us podeu deixar perdre aquesta oportunitat de gaudir d’una estada a ple estiu en un Immersion Camp i donar-li un bon impuls al vostre anglès aquestes vacances!!!
Posted in CS, ESO, Immersion camp, language, listening, speaking, summer fun, teaching resources
Tagged grants, holidays, immersion, speaking, summer
This is the second year that Benjamin Franklin International School organizes http://www.bfischool.org/en/summerbfis, coordinated by Ms. Maribel Castillo and Ms.Keelin Swalve. This year’s topic is A Trip in Time and Around the World, for students entering PreK through 7th Grade. Here’s an excerpt from the information BFIS provides at their website:
“Summer @ BFIS provides children with intensive art experiences in a culturally diverse environment that emphasizes artistic expression in an English immersion environment.
Children benefit from the great cultural and fun opportunities Barcelona has to offer. This summer, a time machine and some exciting Barcelona sites will take our participants to one of the most exciting adventures in their lives: a trip in time and around the world!
Students at Summer @ BFIS will visit four continents in four different periods in History: Ancient Egypt, Mayan and Aztec Cultures, Modernist Europe and the Mystic Asia. Children will discover Pharaonic secret chambers, Mayan and Aztec totemic animals, some of Gaudi´s most creative and colorful roofs, and the meaning behind Chinese masks”
The school also offers a new program this year, “A Trip in Time and Around the World: Art Appreciation and English Literacy”, for students entering 8th Grade and higher.
Get more details, dates, fees … at http://www.bfischool.org/en/summerbfis or contact them at their email address email@example.com.
In the meanwhile you can have a look at Summer@BFIS 2008 video:
- Yesterday I discovered that Ferry Halim, creator of Orisinal and one of my favourites, is behind the design of some of AmericanGirl‘s games -another favourite of mine-, such as Coconut’s Safari, game I posted here.
- Since September 08, the XTEC policy has denied access to a number of websites including certain keywords. This includes AmericanGirl. I wrote to them: no exceptions. To a certain extent, I can understand. But not to this extent :0!
- AmericanGirl is a USA dolls manufacturer.
- My students used to love the games in AmericanGirl and others made by Ferry Halim. In June 08 we had a special session in class, with the beamer, to celebrate the end of the school year. They had a great time.
- They can’t play AmericanGirl‘s games at school anymore -nor reading its magazine, solving its pastimes…
- If you’re reading this and you’re connected to the internet through a XTEC server, the links above pointing to AmericanGirl will lead you to an ‘Access denied’ XTEC page. But it doesn’t read ‘Access denied’. You’ll be told that the page doesn’t exist.
- Fortunately for you, you can enjoy AmericanGirl and Ferry Halim‘s artistic games from other ISP’s. Most of my students can’t.
Another sweet idea by Ferry Halim. Don't miss the music on this send-a-flower page!
I’ve just bumped into a lovely site for young EFL learners as well as for native little children. The Moms and Kids Playground comes from the FunBrain site -I’ll tell you about this one some other day- and provides a number of challenging games which I’ll try and report to you within the coming days. Just stay tuned!
These are my favourites for this summer mornings to keep my brain fit:
Here are some summer suggestions for your free time. They’re all free printable story books, easy to read and some of them can be coloured too. Have fun and increase your skills! If you can’t see them then you need Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Garfield the Cat series: You can print these colourful booklets and collect them.
Garfield and the tiger
Garfield at the gym
Garfield on the farm
Garfield in the park
Activities for Garfield series readers
: You must provide an email address to access to beautiful readers that you can listen to. Ask permission from your parents for the email address.
: different levels for different young learners. Click on Book list
in the left side menu.
: An email address required to download lots of free coloring books.